Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!

I hope the beginning of this year will bring a refocusing of priorities and that the economy won't suck anymore.
I'm amazing with words, sometimes.

Anyways, I've been really, really busy, (as I'm sure everyone has) over the holidays..and leading up to them also I guess.

I'd just like to start out by saying I tried to get this post all lined up and looking organized for a half hour after I made it, and it gets wild at the end, and I don't know why. So just enjoy the ride.
I apologize.

Here is what I have been up too, along with Rach as well!

Rach and I (unknowingly) made the same gift pretty much for each other!
A book documenting our trip in the spring to Italy!!
The book I made was more design oriented, and the one Rach made was more Scrapbook oriented. I think they both look really great!

I came across a company online called blurb.com and then and there got the idea to make the book for Rachel. So I downloaded their software and made the book, sent it online to Blub, and then sent it back, A REAL BOOK! I would suggest making your photos 10% lighter if you do this, just because the photos turned out a little dark, but not horrible.

I made the book in two sections, Photos of where we were, and the back of the book had a selection of our work and sketches while we were there.



Rach's didn't totally get finished, she had a lot on her plate (80% of the presents she gave were handmade this year!). So, what she did finish turned out really great, I love it! We'll probably be working on it over the next few months.














































































































































































And last but not least, a few other creations...
While in Florence, we saw a wooden push toy for sale at a farmer's market. We didn't have enough money to buy it for our nephew Ewan, so we made him one for Christmas! Pretty much from scratch. Rach drew it, I made it out of wood and a few other materials, and then she painted it! It turned out pretty good, we have a few adjustments to be made before Ewan gets to keep it!


































And some more illustration type stuff to end off this enormous post...
A Christmas card, and two images that were later framed. Everton (a football team in the English Premiere League) and the Argentina Football logo. Oh, and a poster for last night's festivities, I was just messing around...enjoy!

























So, thanks for stopping by!
I'll have more stuff up at the end of January!


peace,
josiah

6 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Julz said...

Really good job Josiah! From the photos... I love that Italy book! I had in mind to do a Italy scrapbook, but I got really sick, and I haven't had much time for anything. I hope in 2009 I will have time to do a little bit of more things (! That's not English, is it?).

Really good job! It was nice travelling with you guys. Happy New Year too!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Alex Diaz said...

Oh my lord, you guys are such a lovely couple!!!!! Amazing gifts!!!!
Best wishes for 09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YO! This book is amazing! I like the cutting mat background too. ciao!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Kayla Cassivi said...

This is so fantastic! Makes me want to make my own; I'd love to see it in person!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger josiah gordon said...

Hey guys thanks!

If I see Clemente in the near future, maybe he can bring it to school and let some peeps check it out!

Glad you guys like it!
peace,
josiah

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Wow Josiah the books look amazing! I dig the bike and brick wall cover :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home