Saturday, February 24, 2007

Scam I am

This is the rough drawings for my 'Nigerian email scam' assignment. It was a 3 piece narrative but I thought it would look neat as one piece. I submitted it in three printed pieces but painted it as one piece. I have the final down below.
The story goes that this guy Deacon David Donka from Sierra Leone, was a very successful business man and had warehouses that were destroyed by fire from the rebels. He lost everything, except for the 18 million US funds he had in the bank. So he moved to another country in Africa where he found God and God told him to give his money to me and my ministry.

So I have the story unfold as it would to anyone reading his email. I wanted to show how destitute he was, then his glorious rendezvous with God, and then in the last scene how we see behind the scene. We see the business man who makes his money off of plans and scams like this, and how he has constructed the whole thing.

This was a tricky one, I forgot/ran out of time to make a color rough and it really was a disadvantage for me. It's always good to have a plan, even a loose one.

peace.






































p.s. I love going to sheridan college

2 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

These set are great. Thanks for visiting my blog. I found yours from other people's blog link. :)

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger LDahl said...

I like the movement in this piece...it is almost something you can hear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home